Metacam [Meloxicam] is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory [NSAID] medication used to treat pain and inflammation in dogs [over the age of 6 months].
It also has other benefits, including fever reduction
Only Metacam® is available in an oral liquid form that makes it easy to titrate to the lowest dose that is effective in each patientAdd this item to your cart:
**Note: This product requires a veterinarian's prescription to purchase.At checkout you will need to provide your veterinarian's FAX or email address. We will then send him or her a prescription verification that he or she will need to sign and return before we can ship you this product.
* Effectively treats pain and inflammation
* Gives your dog more mobility
* Comes with a graduated syringe, with weight measurements, that easily and accurately dispenses the correct amount of oral suspension
* Easy administration, can be administered directly into your dog's mouth, or mixed in your dog's food with or without food
* Acheive the lowest possible effective dose
* Individualized dosing
* Palatable honey taste
What is Metacam?:
Metacam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug [NSAID] which inhibits the cell's production of chemicals that triggers inflammation in your pet.
Dosage and Administration:
* The usual dose of Metacam in dogs is 0.1mg per pound as an initial dose the first day, followed by 0.05mg per pound once a day thereafter.
* Shake well before using Metacam.
* Give this medication exactly as directed by your veterinarian. If you do not understand the directions ask the pharmacist or veterinarian to explain them to you.
* Metacam may be given with or without food.
* Keep plenty of water available for your pet.
* Metacam should not be used in the last third of pregnancy or with nursing animals. Tell your veterinarian if your pet is pregnant or lactating.