is used in cats and dogs as a laxative. Enulose is a type of sugar disaccharide that is broken down into mild acids in the end part of the intestinal tract or colon. These acids cause water to be drawn into the colon and this water helps soften the stool. Enulose is used to treat constipation.Add this item to your cart:
**Note: This product requires a veterinarian's prescription to purchase.At checkout you will need to provide your veterinarian's FAX or email address. We will then send him or her a prescription verification that he or she will need to sign and return before we can ship you this product.
* Liquid is easy to administer
* No restrictions on food, drink, or activity unless otherwise directed by the veterinarian
Dosage and Administration:
The usual laxative dose in dogs and cats is 1 ml per 2 pounds of body weight given every 8 hours initially, then use as needed.
Notify the veterinarian if the pet develops excessive diarrhea.
Enulose may be mixed with fruit juice, water, or milk to improve the taste.
It may take 24 to 48 hours before the effects of Enulose are seen.
Enulose may darken slightly in color. This change is harmless. See Cautions.
Possible Side Effects:
* bloated stomach
Signs of overdose:
* Tell your veterinarian if your pet is diabetic [since Enulose is a sugar], or pregnant or lactating.
* Enulose may darken slightly in color. This change is harmless. However, if Enulose becomes very dark or uneven in consistency do not use the product. Store lactulose at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
* Keep this medication away from children and pets.
* Enulose Solution is not FDA approved for use in veterinary medicine however, it is a commonly accepted practice for veterinarians to prescribe this medication for dogs and cats.