Marin for Dogs, by Nutramax, supplies silybin, vitamin E and Zinc which provides your pet's liver multifaceted support.
Marin for Cats, by Nutramax, is a pet medicine that supports liver functions and fights the oxidants in the cat's liver. The drug uses the active ingredient in milk thistle called silybin, as well as Vitamin E to offer special support to the liverAdd this item to your cart:
* Enhances liver function: improves protein synthesis and cell regeneration, stimulates the creation and flow of bile, acts as an antifibrotic, reduces cellular oxidation preventing oxidant injury, and reduces inflammatory mediator elaboration
* Suitable for dogs suffering from reduced liver function, such as those with copper accumulation
* Two strength levels available, for both large and small/medium dogs
* Easy-to-administer scored, chewable tablet
Dosage and Administration for Dogs:
Marin For Dogs is formulated in a tasty chewable tablet that may be given as a treat or crumbled over the food. Tablets are scored for ease of administration
To minimize any zinc sensitivity by some dogs, it is recommended to administer Marin for Dogs on a full stomach. Marin is formulated with the NRC-recommended daily intake of zinc for adult dogs.
Daily dosage is as follows:
- Small to medium dog strength:
- Up to 10 lbs - 1/4 tablet
- 10-19 lbs - 1/2 tablet
- 20-35lbs - 1 tablet
- Large Dog strength:
- 36-54 lbs - 1/2 tablet
- 55-99 lbs - 1 tablet
- Over 100 lbs - 1 1/2 tablets
The chewable tablet can be a delicious treat for your pet, as well.
Side Effects in Dogs:
There are no known drug interactions or contraindications to the use of silymarin/silybin/silymarin in animals.
While mild side effects, such as gastrointestinal upset, itching and headache, have been rarely reported in primates, no side effects have been noted in dogs.
Zinc is generally well-tolerated when administered in recommended amounts. Occasionally, vomiting or lack of appetite may be noted. To minimize any zinc sensitivity by some dogs, it is recommended to administer Marin for Dogs on a full stomach. Marin is formulated with the NRC-recommended daily intake of zinc for adult dogs.
Dosage and Administration for Cats:
For cats up to 14lbs - 1 tablet daily for cats over 14lbs- 2 tablets daily.
Side Effects in Cats:
Vomiting or lack of appetite may be noted occasionally.
No known drug interactions or contraindications.