Virbantel is indicated for the treatment and control of: roundworms Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina hookworms Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala and tapeworms Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis.
Add this item to your cart:
For the treatment and control of:
- Roundworms Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina
- Hookworms Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala
- Tapeworms Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children.
To obtain product information, including a Material Safety Data Sheet MSDS, call 1-800-338-3659.
When Using This Product:
- Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- Do not de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick. Consult a veterinarian for diagnosis of the illness.
- Virbantel Flavored Chewables are safe for use in puppies 12 weeks or older and adult dogs. Safety in breeding dogs and pregnant bitches has not been tested.
Possible Side Effects:
You May Notice:
Vomiting, loose stools with or without blood and decreased activity following treatment. If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.
Dosage and Administration:
Each flavored chewable contains 30 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 30 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight 5 mg/kg.
Please refer to the following dosing table for help finding the right dose for your dog.
Virbantel Flavored Chewables Dosing Table
Number of Chewables
30 mg Size:
6.0 to 12 pounds:
12.1 to 25 pounds:
25.1 to 50 pounds 1
50.1 to 100 pounds
100.1 to 150 pounds
150.1 to 200 pounds
- You should weigh your dog to make sure you are giving the right dose.
- Virbantel Flavored Chewables are palatable if offered by hand.
If your dog does not voluntarily eat the chewable, you can hide the chewable in a small amount of food or place it in the back of the dog&rsquos mouth for forced swallowing.
- Make sure that the dog eats the complete dose.
- Watch your dog for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the chewable is not rejected.
Recommended De-Worming Schedule:
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
Re-treatment: Re-treatment of your dog may be necessary as determined by laboratory fecal examination and/or if your dog is living where re-infections are likely to occur. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis and prevention of re-infection. In case of re-infection with tapeworms Dipylidium caninum, consult your veterinarian for advice on how to remove fleas from the dog and the environment.
Manufactured by: Virbac AH, Inc., Fort Worth, TX 76137
Storage: Store at controlled room temperature of 59-86°F 15-30°C.
For Your Pet