Thyroxine L is a prescription medication that provides thyroid replacement therpay in all conditions of inadequate productions of thyroid hormones in dogs.Add this item to your cart:
**Note: This product requires a veterinarian's prescription to purchase.At checkout you will need to provide your
veterinarian's FAX or email address. We will then send him or her a prescription verification that he or she
will need to sign and return before we can ship you this product.
* Generic version of levothyroxine used to treat hypothyroidism
* Replaces thyroid hormone when the thyroid gland is not producing it as it should
* A prescription solution for dogs with hypothyroidism
* Comes in multiple concentrations for accurate dosing
Why does my dog need Thyroxine L?
Hypothyroidism is the most common reason for your Veterinarian to prescribe Thyroxine L.
What is Hypothyroidism?
The lack of thyroid hormone causes hypothyroidism, a common disease of middle age and older dogs.
How will Thyroxine L help my dog?
L-Thyroxine helps to replace the hormone that the body should normally produce. It will not cure the thyroid condition, but will relieve the symptoms.
Your veterinarian may monitor thyroid hormone levels in the blood every 2-4 weeks while adjusting the dose. Periodic testing is also necessary while
the pet is taking L-Thyroxine.
How long will it take to improve my dog's condition?
It generally takes several weeks of therapy to see the benefits of therapy. In almost all cases, the pet will need to be on a thyroid supplement such as L-Thyroxine for life.
L-Thyroxine is given by mouth. Check with your Veterinarian to see if you may give this medication with food.
* It is important to always follow the dosage instructions provided by your veterinarian.
* If you have difficulty giving the medication, contact your veterinarian.
* Differences exist between brands. Do not change brands if possible.
If there is a need to change, your veterinarian may need to recheck thyroid hormone levels and adjust dose if indicated
* This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed.
For more information about Thyroxine L please contact your Veterinarian.
For Your Pet