Profender is the first and only topical cat dewormer that combines the powerful, broad-spectrum control of intestinal worms with the ease and convenience of a single dose treatment. Profender treats and controls hookworm, roundworm and tapeworm infections in cats and kittens that are at least 8 weeks of age and weigh at least 2.2 lbs 1 kg.Add this item to your cart:
**Note: This product requires a veterinarian's prescription to purchase.At checkout you will need to provide your
veterinarian's FAX or email address. We will then send him or her a prescription verification that he or she
will need to sign and return before we can ship you this product.
* No more pills, the first and only topical cat dewormer
* Easy application
* Controls and treats intestinal worms in one treatment
Until today, cats diagnosed with intestinal parasites had to be treated with an oral medication pill or liquid or with an injection, depending on the parasite. Injections are often painful, and, as many cat owners are painfully aware, getting a cat to take oral medication is never easy. Now, there is a new, easy and stress-free way to deworm your cat. New, Profender Topical Solution combines powerful broad-spectrum treatment with the ease and convenience of a topical application. No more pills, no more shots.
How it works:
- Solution is absorbed through the skin via the hair follicles
- It enters the bloodstream
- Emodepside is transported to the intestine and kills roundworms and hookworms
- Praziquantel travels to the liver
- Praziquantel is converted to an active form in the liver
- Active praziquantel reaches the intestines and kills tapeworms
How To Apply:
Profender® Topical Solution emodepside/praziquantel comes in a ready-to-use tube, making it quick and easy to apply.
- Select the package that correctly corresponds with the body weight of the cat.
Remove one unit dose tube from the package.
- While holding the tube in an upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and place the other end of cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove cap from the tube.
- Part the hair on the back of the cat's neck at the base of the head, until the skin is
- To ensure the entire contents of the tube are administered, place the tip of the tube on
the skin and squeeze the entire contents directly onto the skin. Lift tube away from the
skin before releasing pressure on the tube.
*Do not apply to broken skin or if hair coat is wet. Do not get this product in the cat's mouth or eyes or allow the cat to lick the application site for one hour. Oral exposure can cause salivation and vomiting. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for ingestion while grooming. In households with multiple pets, keep animals separated to prevent licking of the application site.
*Stiff hair, a damp appearance or the hair, or a slight powdery residue may be observed at the treatment site. These effects are temporary and do not affect the safety or effectiveness of the product.
*To prevent accidental ingestion, children should not come in contact with the application site for twenty-four 24 hours while the product is being absorbed.
*Cats over 17.6 lbs should be treated with the appropriate combination of tubes.
Why is my cat at risk of getting intestinal worms:
Cats get intestinal parasites in a variety of ways including common grooming practices, like cleaning their feet after being in the litterbox or walking around outside in contaminated soil. They can also become infected by ingestion of their mother's milk and by eating infected hosts such as fleas or rodents.
How do I know if my cat has worms:
Is your cat feeling a little under the weather? Mild depression, loss of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting and poor growth in kittens can all be signs of intestinal parasite infections. You may even see worms passed in your cat's stool.
Profender is a registered trade make of Bayer. We reference them as our source of information, for more information please go to the manufacturer website: http://www.profender.com/about-profender.cfm
For Your Pet