NAXCEL is a safe, highly effective first-line antibiotic that's ideal for the Durable Cure BRD management program.
NAXCEL is indicated for treatment of bovine respiratory disease BRD, shipping fever, pneumonia associated with Pasteurella Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida and Haemophilus somnus. NAXCEL also is indicated for treatment of acute bovine interdigital necrobacillosis foot rot, pododermatitis associated with Fusobacterium necrophorum and Bacteroides melaninogenicus.Add this item to your cart:
Bottle of sterile water included with purchase of liquid form.
**Note: This product requires a veterinarian's prescription to purchase.At checkout you will need to provide your
veterinarian's FAX or email address. We will then send him or her a prescription verification that he or she
will need to sign and return before we can ship you this product.
- Is fast and effective and it reaches therapeutic blood concentrations within minutes
- Reduces fever without suppressing appetite
- Controls all three of the major BRD pathogens
- Helps ensure a lasting recovery with the Durable Cure BRD management program
- Has a short 4 day preslaughter withdrawal time
- Has an aqueous base for greater syringeability and virtually no carcass trim
- Lets you control treatment with multiple dose options three to five days
- Has a low-volume dose via subcutaneous or intramuscular administration
- Controls the major pathogens involved with foot rot
Administer by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection at the dosage of 0.5 to 1.0 mg ceftiofur equivalents/lb. body weight 1 to 2 mL reconstituted sterile solution per 100 lbs. body weight. Treatment should be repeated at 24-hour intervals for a total of three to five consecutive days.
As with all drugs, NAXCEL should not be used in animals found to be hypersensitive to the product. NAXCEL has a pre-slaughter withdrawal time of 4 days in cattle.
When used according to label indications, dosage and routes of administration, treated cattle must not be slaughtered for 4 days following the last treatment. When used according to label indications, dosage and routes of administration, a milk discard time is not required. Use of dosages in excess of those indicated or by unapproved routes of administration, such as intramammary, may result in illegal residues in edible tissues and/or in milk.
For more information about this drug please follow this link: