Equioxx® Oral Paste[ Firocoxib] is proven to control the pain and inflammation of equine osteoarthritis, with an excellent safety profile. Equioxx® Oral Paste is proven in clinical and field trials to relieve joint pain in horses.Add this item to your cart:
**Note: This product requires a veterinarian's prescription to purchase.At checkout you will need to provide your
veterinarian's FAX or email address. We will then send him or her a prescription verification that he or she
will need to sign and return before we can ship you this product.
* After 14 days of treatment, lameness improved in 84% of horses and pain on manipulation improved in 65% of horses.
* Rapid and effective absorption after a single dose.
* Pain relief remains effective for 24 hours.
* 6.93 grams of Equioxx® Oral Paste per syringe sufficient to treat a 1250 lb horse.
As with any prescription medication, prior to use, a veterinarian should perform a physical examination and review the horse's medical history.
A veterinarian should advise horse owners to observe for signs of potential drug toxicity.
As a class, nonsteriodal anti-inflammatory drugs may be associated with gastrointestinal and renal toxicity.This drug should not be used in horses with pre-existing gastrointestinal tract ulcers.
Use with other NSAIDs, corticosteroids or nephrotoxic medication should be avoided.
EQUIOXX has not been tested in horses less than 1 year of age or in breeding horses, or pregnant or lactating mares. Horses with heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease or dehydration are likely at higher risk of side effects such as kidney damage, edema, intestinal tract ulceration. Note: Safety in young horses, pregnant or lactating mares has not been determined
* Do not combine this drug with other drugs of the NSAID class. Combining NSAIDs has the potential to greatly increase the risk and severity of side effects.
* Don't combine with corticosteroids, which have similar side effect.
* Combination with diuretics may increase the risk of kidney-related side effects.
* Use with caution in combination with other drugs that have the potential for kidney side effects, such as the -mycin group of antibiotics.
* Using at the same time as other drugs which are highly bound to blood proteins may increase the risk of side effects of one, or both, drugs.