Breakaway Plus Flea & Tick Collar for Cats
Kills immature fleas, adult fleas, and flea eggs for up to 8 months. Kills ticks for up to 6 months. Contains Precor® IGR. Breakaway design allows a cat to free itself if the collar catches on a fixed object. Propoxur, S-methoprene.Add this item to your cart:
KILLS IMMATURE FLEAS, ADULT FLEAS, AND FLEA EGGS UP TO 8 MONTHS
KILLS TICKS UP TO 6 MONTHS INCLUDING THOSE CARRYING LYME DISEASE
FOR CATS OF ALL SIZES
WORKS FROM HEAD TO TAIL
PLUS PRECOR® - KILLS FLEA EGGS
Propoxur CAS #114-26-1
S-Methoprene CAS #65733-16-6
EPA Reg No. 2724-491
DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY WITH THIS COLLAR
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
1. Buckle collar around cat's neck. Thread flat end of the collar through buckle hole and tighten as necessary, so that at least 2 ridges are covered by the buckle. Since the plastic buckle is molded into the collar, the possibility of neck irritation and buckle failure is reduced. Fit collar snug enough to prevent placement of the cat's leg or lower jaw through the collar, yet loose enough to be rotated about the neck.
2. Leave 1-2 extra inches on the length of the collar for adjustment, cut off excess, and dispose of in trash.
3. Check periodically and adjust fit, if necessary, especially when kittens are rapidly growing.
4. Replace in 8 months for continuous protection from adult fleas and flea egg hatch.
Replace in 6 months for continuous protection from ticks. To release the collar, squeeze buckle between thumb and finger and pull sharply. Collar does not need replacement if cat becomes wet.
This collar is designed to stretch under the weight of an average sized adult cat. It helps the cat to free itself breakaway if the collar gets snagged on a fixed object. If the collar is fitted improperly, so that it is loose enough for a cat to work the collar over its leg or jaw, this release feature may not stretch adequately to allow the extra room necessary for the cat to free itself.
To minimize flea infestation, use appropriate products to: 1. Treat the pet. 2. Treat the indoor environment, especially where pets spend time resting. 3. Treat the outdoor environment when necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. This Breakaway® Plus collar is designed to kill adult fleas and flea eggs.
2. This collar begins working to kill fleas and flea eggs as soon as it is placed around the cat's neck.
3. Protection against fleas and flea eggs will be achieved within 48 hours, providing continuous protection for 8 months.
4. Replace collar every 8 months to help control adult flea infestations on your pet.
1. Ticks are tougher to kill than fleas and are killed more slowly.
2. Full protection against adult and immature ticks will be achieved within a few days, providing continuous protection for up to 6 months.
3. Adult ticks will be killed over the entire pet. Dead ticks will fall off or may be easily removed.
4. Replace collar every 6 months for continuous protection from ticks.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS - CAUTION
Do not get dust or collar in mouth. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Do not get dust in eyes, will cause temporary constriction of the pupils*. The dust released by this collar is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing.
Humans: Do not open package until ready to use. Do not allow children to play with this collar. Pesticidal dust will form on this collar during storage. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling collar.
Animals: Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant, or nursing cats. Do not use on kittens under 12 weeks of age. Do not use this product on cats simultaneously or within 30 days before or after treatment with or exposure to cholinesterase inhibiting** drugs or pesticides e.g., carbaryl, etc.. However, flea and tick collars may be immediately replaced. When collar is first worn, observe neck area every few days for irritation. Remove collar at the first sign of irritation or adverse reaction. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, remove collar and bathe your cat with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water.
If swallowed: Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If on skin or clothing:
Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If in eyes:
Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, CALL 1-800-766-7661 OR A POISON CONTROL CENTER. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN/VETERINARIAN: *Atropine is antidotal only if symptoms of cholinesterase inhibition are present.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Collar should be left in place once fitted on cat. If collar is temporarily removed, do not set it on wood or other surfaces. Storage: Store in original unopened package away from children. Disposal: Do not reuse container or reuse collar. Dispose of in trash.
WARRANTY AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Seller makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the use of this product other than indicated on the label. Buyer assumes all risks of use and handling of this material when such use and handling are contrary to label instructions.
For Your Pet