Baytril is a broad spectrum antibacterial designed for the management of bacterial infections in dogs.Add this item to your cart:
**Note: This product requires a veterinarian's prescription to purchase.At checkout you will need to provide your
veterinarian's FAX or email address. We will then send him or her a prescription verification that he or she
will need to sign and return before we can ship you this product.
Baytril® enrofloxacin Antibacterial
- Baytril enrofloxacin in urinary tract infections
- Baytril has a broad spectrum of action which covers both Gram-negative and some Gram-positive bacteria. Baytril exhibits rapid bactericidal action in the urinary tract. 1
- Baytril concentrates in the urine via renal excretion, glomerular filtration and active tubular secretion. It also penetrates and reaches several times the serum concentration in the prostate, the mucosal epithelium and the inflamed tissues.2
- Baytril displays excellent renal tolerance and allows effective management of acute or chronic infections of the genito-urinary tract including the prostate.2
- Baytril in respiratory infections
- Baytril irreversibly inhibits bacterial gyrase, a key enzyme in bacterial replication, resulting in rapid destruction of the pathogens. Baytril concentrates in tissues, fluids and phagocytic cells of the respiratory system. Its potent bactericidal effect is achieved even at low concentrations.3
- Baytril attains excellent therapeutic concentrations in pulmonary and bronchial tissues, secretions and phagocytic cells. These properties are of great value in the treatment of conditions such as acute and chronic respiratory infections like bronchitis and pneumonia, where the penetration of the antibacterial agent makes the difference in the speed of control of the infections.3,4
- Baytril for dermal infections
- Baytril concentrates in inflamed tissue providing high drug levels at the site of infection. It is an excellent antibacterial agent, effective against: Staphylococcus intermedius, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
Baytril Taste Tabs
- Baytril enrofloxacin Taste Tabs make medicating pets more convenient than ever.
- Baytril Taste Tabs. The first veterinary antimicrobial tablets with flavor enhancement &mdash allows for self-take or conventional dosing pilling options.
- A palatable, flavored tablet simplifies therapy, helping ensure that the patient receives the prescribed course of Baytril therapy.
- Available in convenient tablet sizes:
Baytril is well tolerated by the patient. In clinical studies less than 1% of dogs vomited when treated with Baytril at 5mg/kg. In rare instances, use of this product has been associated with retinal toxicity in cats. Baytril is contraindicated in the rapid growth phase of dogs.