Revolution for Dogs and Cats
mites, and sarcoptic mites Add this item to your cart:
This product is for dogs/puppies over 6 weeks of age and cats/kittens over 8 weeks of age and that weigh between 0 to 5lbs.
Safe to use on pregnant and nursing animals
**Note: This product requires a veterinarian's prescription to purchase.At checkout you will need to provide your
veterinarian's FAX or email address. We will then send him or her a prescription verification that he or she
will need to sign and return before we can ship you this product.
As with other heartworm preventatives, pets must be tested for heartworms prior to using Revolution.
* Revolution is a prescription-only medicine, not a pesticide.
* Broad-spectrum protection against most internal and external parasites.
* Kills adult flea and their eggs.
* Fast, simple and easy to use.
* Because of the low-volume dosage size, the solution can be applied in one spot.
* Non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
* Bathing pet 2 hours after application does not affect efficacy.
* Available in 6 convenient dosage sizes in no-drip disposable tubes.
Is my dog old enough for Revolution?:
Use in dogs 6 weeks of age or older against the following parasites: adult fleas, flea eggs, heartworm, ear mites, sarcoptic mites, and American dog tick.
How is Revolution Packaged?:
Available in 6 separate dose strengths for dogs of different weights.
Revolution for puppies is available in cartons containing 3 single-dose tubes.
Revolution for dogs is available in cartons containing 3 or 6 single-dose tubes.
Revolution for dogs weighing more than 85 pounds is available in cartons containing 6 or 12 single-dose tubes.
Dogs lb Package color
0 to 5lbs pink
5.1 to 10 Purple
10.1 to 20 Brown
20.1 to 40 Red
40.1 to 85 Teal
85.1 to 130 Plum
The recommended minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound 6 mg/kg of body weight, applied according to the above tables.
For dogs more than 130 pounds, the appropriate combination of color-coded tubes is used.
How to apply Revolution to my dog:
* Hold tube upright.
* Press cap down until a click is heard cap punctures applicator seal.
* Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
* Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
* Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
* Ensure tube is empty.
Prior to administration, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections. At the discretion of the veterinarian, infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms.
While the number of circulating adult D. immitis microfilariae may decrease following treatment, Revolution is not effective for microfilariae clearance.
In humans, may be irritating to skin and eyes.
In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset.
Do not use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
Keep out of reach of children.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Revolution is manufactured by and is a registered trademark of Pfizer. The information provided on this website is for educational purposes only and is intended to be a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise and professional judgment of your veterinarian. We reference Pfizer as the source for our information, you may research this product further at the Pfizer webpage: http://www.revolutionpet.com/revolutionpet.aspx. You should always consult your own veterinarian for specific advice concerning the diagnosis, and treatment of your pet. As stated the information provided is for educational purposes to aid you in purchasing your pet's medication, it is not a substitute for a veterinary exam, nor does this information suggest that this medication will be tolerated by your pet or that your pet will not experience side effects.
Note: Any trademarks are the property of their respective companies.